A friend sent me this:
A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one. You'll probably never need one again.
The definition of the word Conundrum is: Something that is puzzling or confusing.
Here are six Conundrums of Socialism in the United States of America:
1. America is capitalist and greedy - yet half of the population is subsidized.
2. Half of the population is subsidized - yet they think they are victims.
3. They think they are victims - yet their representatives run the government.
4. Their representatives run the government - yet the poor keep getting poorer.
5. The poor keep getting poorer - yet they have things that people in other Countries only dream about.
6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about, yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
Makes you wonder who is doing the math. By the way.....
1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, which is okay, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works. And here's another one worth considering...(Seems like government doesn't want to tell you what religion you can have.......until all the guns are gone.)
2. Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money. But we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money?
3. The insanity I hear every day on the news convinces me that some pretty dumb and manipulative people are running for President of the United States. What is really scary is the I.Q. of the ones that do the voting. Some of what I hear is pure lunacy and totally ignorant of civics and economics.
Some are buying into it. I don't think many have ever thought about the USA and the freedoms it stands for. The USA was never about government control, but about people's control of the government. If you don't control government, most assuredly freedoms will be taken away. Some proposals being bandied about are pure stupidity. What's really scary is the ignorance of some of the voters. I don't mean intelligence. I mean ignorance. One can be intelligent and do some really dumb things. Ya gotta think, people.